Thursday 25 August 2011

Age of Conan Continued

I am so loving this game and I can see why online games are so addictive.  My first character was a test to try out the game and find my way around the mechanics which are so involved and a bit confusing at first.  It's much more than a standard rpg.  The story, the music, the live NPC's...just everything is so immersive.

I've created a new character called Sorrel who is a Cimmerian Barbarian and she rocks.  Usually, I prefer to play as a mage or half and half magic and melee, but I'm really into this melee system.  My girl is a berserker and the combat is so fluid and satisfying, now that I've gotten used to it.

Anyway here are a few more pics and I'll add more to this post as I remember to get them.  It peeves me so much that screen shots look so flat compared to the game, or any game for that matter, but I refuse to touch them up as it defeats the purpose and doesn't reflect the reality in game. 

Until Skyrim comes along this will be my main game and probably for a long time after as it's going to take awhile to get out of the first city into the main world.

This is at the very start in the tutorial so she has on the basic clothing all characters start out in and a piece of wood from the slave ship she was on which sank to the depths.






Overlooking Tortage city.

Healing power...standing at a resurrection shrine, but using the rest function to heal out of combat.




Sorrel - face shot.  Wearing a bandana, but her hair is braided.




Fighting a Boss in the tutorial.  He was easy....how that changes once the tutorial is over.  It's not exactly easy getting combat pics either...lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment