Wednesday 10 August 2011

The Zombie Autopsies

I borrowed a book called The Zombie Autopsies - Secrets Notebooks from the Apocalypse by Steven C. Schlozman, MD from the library last week.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/experts/steven-schlozman-md

Zombies, you gotta love them.  I remember the first time I played a Resident Evil game before the last two where zombies weren't actually in them.  The zombie sounds from those games are the best I've ever heard in a game and the Nemesis still gives me the palpitations when I think of having to avoid it and finally kill it....lol.

This book is written like a real medical diary with drawn diagrams and a hand written font which makes it look really like an authentic notebook of a medical investigation in the field.  I've only just started it but flicking through the diagrams and text it's quite gruesome and very well done.  One picture shows a zombie being surgically "investigated" and mentions the fact it doesn't seem to be aware....  It looks pretty annoyed though...lol.

It's so well written one could imagine this really happened and begins when the dead start waking up around the world beginning the apocalypse.  Some brave researchers desperately search for a cure to the "unfortunate" condition.  No-one knows the fate of the doctor whose notes are contained in the diary however according to the description on the back of the book, but I'm yet to read that far.

This little clip shows the author speaking about zombie movies.  Personally, and as one person commented I prefer to shoot them from a distance with a bloody big gun.  Preferably in the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment